Name:
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

After developing a cooking style and certain tastes during my career as a consultant, food critic, occasional caterer and even more occasional world traveler, I have recently been tied close to home by the birth of my second son. Surprisingly, I don't mind! For years now friends and family have called for pointers and recipes, and I love to share, so I decided to track my newfound domesticity and any pointers and recipes that I come up with along the way.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Jardiniere Path

A conversation recorded late in October:

“Kelly, I think I need to be reined in.”
“Why this time?”
“Well, I’ve found another restaurant I think we should go to when we’re in San Fran. It’s a bit pricey though. $99 tasting menu, $49 for matching wines.”
“We don’t have to go to ALL fancy restaurants you know. There are probably other great restaurants out there that aren’t so over-the-top.”
“Did I mention this one is completely sustainable? Green design, fair wages for their employees, all locally sourced ingredients, and they compost or recycle 85% of the restaurant’s waste.”
“Well why didn’t you say so? Book it!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home