Name:
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

After developing a cooking style and certain tastes during my career as a consultant, food critic, occasional caterer and even more occasional world traveler, I have recently been tied close to home by the birth of my second son. Surprisingly, I don't mind! For years now friends and family have called for pointers and recipes, and I love to share, so I decided to track my newfound domesticity and any pointers and recipes that I come up with along the way.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Te Papa and General Snacking

We met Jody at a café called Deluxe, where his friend Pete works—a great option for a late breakfast. Everything looked both healthy and creative, and the coffee was delicious. I couldn’t take my eyes off the roast pumpkin, brie and rosemary ricotta pie. Kelly couldn’t decide between a black olive, feta, corn and herb muffin (they do many savoury muffins here) and the quinoa cake, so he ordered both. It was all scrumptious.

We spent the next several hours wandering through the Te Papa museum. It’s so big, we only got through two floors before needing a break. We’re going back to finish the last two floors tomorrow.

By that time, we needed some refreshment, so we stopped at a pub for a beer, and Kelly, the only one of us who was really hungry, decided to try the bangers and mash in Wellington to see how they compared with the ones in Christchurch. His pronouncement: "The Bard's bangers are better."

Shopping was followed by another urge to sit down and take stock of what to do for dinner. So we went back to Floriditas to sample their elderflower and rose martini. Very aromatic and delicious. And we decided over that drink to brave the creepy kitchen at our hotel that night and eat in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home